It’s weekend guys! And what better way to start your weekend than with pancakes? I have to be honest though, I made these pancakes during the week and made a big batch for the rest of the week. I guess I just couldn’t wait.. I actually found out pancakes are also yummy as a snack and are really easy to bring to work!
These pancakes are made with almond and quinoa flour, so they’re totally gluten free! I topped them off with coconut yoghurt, cinnamon and with some fruit on the side.
As special ingredient these pancakes are made with matcha powder. You can drink matcha (with warm nutmilk or as a tea) but you can also bake yummy things with this amazing powder. It’s a concentrated form of green tea and the taste is pretty strong, so if it’s your first time using this, be careful with how much you throw in!
Green tea is good for so many good reasons. It stimulates our body to burn fat and has lots of anti-oxidants. And Matcha is 10 times stronger than normal green tea. Hello super- powder!
Ingredients Matcha pancakes:
This will make about 3 small pancakes
- 60 gr almond flour
- 85 gr quinoa flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 150 ml coconut milk (use more for thinner pancakes)
- 2 tsp chia seeds and 30 ml water
- Toppings: coconut yoghurt and cinnamon
- Fruit ideas: pear, apple, blueberries, raspberries..
How to make the pancakes:
- First start making the chia-eggs. Soak your chia seeds in the water and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients. But leave the matcha powder out.
- Whisk the matcha powder with the coconut milk. Make movements of an 8 or an S. Doing this activates the green tea even more.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and combine. The wetter the batter, the thinner the pancakes will turn out. I like mine pretty thick and small.
- Warm up your pan and melt coconut oil.
- Stir in the chia-seeds as the last step and stir through.
- With a big serving spoon, scoop little pancakes into your pan. Bake till it starts bubbling and then flip.
- Serve with some yummy coconut yoghurt and top off with fruit!
Do you follow pcos_veganway on Instagram yet? If so, make sure to tag me in your next recipe post!