I love Chocolate. And I love Coconut. This cake is super moist and super filling! One of the biggest things I miss is eating cakes. This cake is made with quinoa flour, so no gluten! With the extra grated coconut it also contains even more fibre and that’s one of the reasons why it’s so filling. I eat this delicious bite on busy days, before a workout or just if I’m running around all day I often need a snack in the afternoon. This cake is perfect for that! I always make one big loaf at a time and then slice it and freeze the slices. This way I just have to grab one slice every morning and it will have thawed out in the afternoon.
Cause of the low sugars it’s also good for insulin; It’s sweetened with some bananas and maple syrup. With the amount of fat and fibers in the cake it will level out your sugar levels. Being able to eat cake in the afternoon without experiencing sugar-peaks in your eating pattern: YES!
If I’m pretty hungry or need to eat more calories I often spread a mixed nut-butter on top. Make sure this mix doesn’t have any peanuts though! Peanuts aren’t that good for us with PCOS, it doesn’t help our inflammation.
Serves 1 loaf
- Coconut oil (to grease in the baking tin)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 300 g bananas
- 120 ml oat- milk (feel free to add more if you find it to dry)
- 120 ml melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup to sweeten as desired
- 200 g quinoa flour
- 80 g grated coconut
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
How to make the Chocolate Coconut cake:
It will take you about 1 hour
- Warm up the oven to 180 degrees. Oil in you’re baking tin and cover with some baking paper and cut out to fit your tin.
- Soak the chia seeds about 15 minutes in 150 ml water.
- Blend the bananas, oat-milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanille extract and lemon juice.
- In another bowl mix up the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry bowl and mix. Add the chia seeds as last step and mix through the dough.
- Pour in your mixture into the tin and bake for about 45 minuten in the middle of the oven. Keep on checking your loaf!
- Cool off on a rack and enjoy!
Let me know how it turned out! Do you follow pcos_veganway on Instagram yet? If so, make sure to tag me in your beautiful chocolate cake post!